Friday, August 21, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For

I wanted a dream that I could use to start a story, or just for a story idea. I didn't count on an epic dream involving mysterious characters in the snow and possible zombies. The anti-hero is almost too dark. He scares me, but not the heroine, who is better than me, and is gutsy and clever, and she will persevere. And zombies? Hey, that's nothing! It will be a fun story to complete.

I guess I should pay more attention to what I think about before going to sleep. I was discussing eating somebody's brains as opposed to their heart. You know, that classic question of, "If you were a zombie, what body part would you prefer to eat?" We've all asked ourselves that once or twice. Right? Right?

So I have another YA metaphysical thriller begun in a Word document on my desktop. If I have to dream, I might as well get some use out of it all!

Actually, the reason I'm dreaming is because I'm not writing enough. If I didn't dream so vividly, the creative energy would explode in a sticky rainbow of goo all over my desk. I guess zombies are better than that. They will save me from the goo, because now I will be writing more than before.

If you were a zombie, what body part would you prefer to eat?

Note: If you are viewing this blog post via Facebook, I would appreciate it if you would comment on the original blog post instead of the note. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and interesting dream. And story. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably go for the brain. Maybe I'd get smarter that way!
    You know what they say: you are what you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of strange things before bed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dreams never make a bit of sense. For some reason I'm always back in high school in my dreams, and my boyfriend is there, and I have a crush on him but he likes someone else! Okay, the last two aren't always in the dream, but high school is there way too often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. I tend to have more vivid and story-making dreams when I haven't written in a while. You're story sounds awesome--good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. High School is a great topic for YA lit! And if you are what you eat, then...I'd better grab some brains for sure. sigh

    But yes, this has been fun to begin writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We writers have the strangest conversations, don't we? I've heard that cannibals say the thick muscle at the base of the thumb is the most tasty, but for zombies I think they're in it more for quantity, like the value menu, than for quality. So if I were a zombie I'd have to say whatever part I grab first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am probably a thigh gal. Meaty and easy to chew on with the fat. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, comments! I adore comments! Thank you! (They will appear after I release them).