Monday, August 31, 2009

Awards? Wow, thanks!

First of all, thank you to Lazy Writer for the Splish Splash Award for those who have dazzling blogs. Also thanks to Fiction Groupie for the Super Comments Award. I need to pass the Splish Splash award on to other bloggers now, who also blink like diamonds in the sea of bloggerdom. I am still fairly new to Blogger, having been a myspace blogger for far too long, and so I am touched that you guys would include me in your bloggy embrace. I don't have an image for the Splish Splash award, but I further extend it to:

Some Blogs I Frequent Daily, and Have for a While:

1. Stephanie Faris of Stephanie's Blog (she also receives the Super Comments Award)
2. Fiction Groupie

Some Blogs I Recently Discovered:

3. Natalie Whipple of Between Fact and Fiction
4. Angie Lofthouse of Notes from the Writing Chair
5. Jaime Theler of BookMom Musings

Thank you, ladies, for dazzling me with your thought-provoking and entertaining blogs.

I can't just write about awards, though. There needs to be some meat in my post, and not just sugar. Not that sugar isn't the most important food group. Just that sometimes you need a nice and spicy chicken taco with just the right amount of cilantro and monterey jack cheese. Oh, forget it, now I'm hungry. Must. Finish. Lunch.

Oh oh oh! I know! Food-related, but then what isn't, in my world? Last night, I tried Shabu Shabu for the first time! I'm in food heaven! Yum yum yum! What's the newest food trend you've tried lately, and did you like it? I should mention that I was a vegetarian for eight years, and eating meat is a reallllly big deal for me, especially red meat. So that speaks volumes for the Shabu Shabu experience all by itself.



7 comments:

  1. You so deserved the awards! I forgot to put the picture of the award on my post today. I'm going to put it up tomorrow, so come back by and get it, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards and thank you so much for mentioning me. I'm blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending the award my way. :) And congrats on receiving both awards as well. Well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, that's so sweet! You definitely deserve the award too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I came here from Susan's blog. Congratulations for the awards.

    I've never heard of shabu shabu before, but wow, that does look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the awards! It's always nice to know you're appreciated. Thanks so much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, comments! I adore comments! Thank you! (They will appear after I release them).