Friday, June 5, 2009

The Surgical Saga Continues

I decided that since it had been a week since I asked about an upcoming surgery date, I should call and ask for a status update. I made three separate phone calls and was placed on hold and transferred a few times. I found out that the ortho was waiting for authorization. The person at the ortho’s office told me, “You know they will call you, right?” And then, when I forced her to look up the information, she informed me that they had not received the authorization yet. “We’re just waiting,” she said.

So I called the PCP and asked about the status of the authorization. They told me it was authorized and sent to the ortho on June 2. They offered to fax it over to the ortho if I could call and get a fax number.

I called the ortho back and the same rude lady said that maybe they do have it, but that doesn’t mean it’s been processed yet. I asked for the fax number to make sure that they do have it, because I don’t have another year to wait for surgery. She reluctantly gave me the fax number.

I called the PCP back and gave them the fax number. They offered to fax it right away.

Ow, my head.

The only good thing is that I do know where the surgery will take place now. That part was authorized already.

I don’t know if it’s a good place to have surgery. Is there any such thing? But I know which place it is now, and don’t have to make further contingency plans accounting for alternative surgical locations.


  1. So, are you going to the one in Redlands? We can help pay for rental on the knee walker...

  2. Thank you so much! And yes, it will be in Redlands. I will be going to Angel's house after, but am not sure how I will get there yet.


Yay, comments! I adore comments! Thank you! (They will appear after I release them).