Saturday, June 20, 2009

Just When You Thought it was Safe to Sleep Through the Night

So, you know, the pain has been decreasing gradually. I kind of thought I might not need the pain pills as much anymore. It would be great to be able to control my thought patterns again and see the world through clear eyes. However, I still set the alarm on my son's phone to alert me every time a pill was due. What I didn't remember was that I gave him that particular phone because the battery is wonky. What I didn't count on was for the battery to display that it was 3/4 full and then completely die during the night, causing me to wake up in extreme pain after missing two doses of Vicodin.

Poor Angel. He had to help me through a difficult time about 4:00 to 5:00 a.m. But he got me situated and more importantly, MEDICATED, and he even got the phone working as an alarm clock again--the second time I needed it next.

At 8:00 a.m., he was my alarm clock. He poked me on the shoulder and beeped at me while saying, "Time to take your pill." Of course, I, in my sleep-induced fog, thought he said, "Look, I can propel," and expected him to fly away, so I lay there motionless, waiting to see him fly. Then I realized that I was awake and he was still poking and beeping at me. To my disappointment, he did not fly.

So I took another pill. I also ordered another battery for my son's phone. And I won't be missing anymore doses anytime soon. At all.

2 comments:

  1. Augh! Technology & its wonky batteries are so unreliable.

    I hope you feel better soon... but, in the meantime, Angel sounds great. Sometimes, we all need that person that we can rely on to poke & beep at us when we're in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is great! And yes, the poking and the beeping makes up for all of the pain!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, comments! I adore comments! Thank you! (They will appear after I release them).