Friday, April 10, 2009

Not Writing is Like Chickenpox

Itch. Itch. Itch.

Teensy tiny scratch.

Itch!

Ignore.

ITCH!!!

Oh, all right.

I’ll write something. Soon.

~head thump~

Oh, you mean now?

Can’t. Working. Too sleepy. Busy. In “imagination stage” before I can actually create.

Oh, are those EXCUSES instead of real REASONS?

Yes, they are.

How about this one: it seems hopeless to write anything because it may never be published.

Yeah, that one’s more valid than the others, but still a dirty, rotten excuse.

The world has no place for excuses.

ITCH!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. WRITE WOMAN! WRITE!

    you never know...

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I got one for you. Would transferring something you wrote by hand onto the computer without adding anything be considered writing? If so, I'm about to write right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely hilarious. Especially because I can completely relate to it. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes, I can't help but write, MB. And Dave, um...maybe if you added a sentence or a paragraph...? And Eric, welcome and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, comments! I adore comments! Thank you! (They will appear after I release them).