Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New Plan

Or an old one reconsidered. How about I market all my stories? Finish the ones that need to be finished. Retool those that need some rethinking (including Sandals). Plot the narrative arcs in my picture books. And then...let them fly and see if they land back on my finger, but in published form.

This way I can give myself a year to try and make it as a writer.

I miss deadlines. I can't seem to operate without them. And giving them to myself does not work. I know I'm a pushover. I can be bribed. Just use chocolate.

5 comments:

  1. Deadlines certainly help -- it gives us that extra push we need to get the job done.

    I like that... let it fly to see what lands on our finger published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I actually dreamed that my creativity was a lavender finch, flying away and returning to alight on my index finger. I hope that it's a true analogy.

    *This is my second attempt to post the comment. I don't know what went wrong the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally.....I happen to *love* this idea. ~beaming smile~

    Go for it, sis....with everything you've got. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Shela. This feels right to me, too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, comments! I adore comments! Thank you! (They will appear after I release them).